The aim of this article is to show, how you can add a new KleverKey Gateway and Lock with the KleverKey App.
- Download KleverKey App and create an account
- Plug KleverKey Gateway into a power source (use only the included power supply) and mount it next to the lock (range typically 2-10m, depending on environment)
- The LED should blink with blue colour.
- Log in to the KleverKey app
- Select the three stripes in the top left corner and tap on Hardware
- Switch to the Gateway tab and tap on the plus sign in the bottom right corner
- Fill in the demanded information and if the LED on your Gateway blinks green, it is successfully connected to your Wifi. (If it blinks yellow it fails to connect to the Wifi and you should repeat this step). See Gateway Status LED for more information
Add a Lock
- Stay in the section Hardware and switch to the Locks tab.
- Tap on the plus sign in the bottom right corner and fill in the information. Make sure you link the lock to a gateway which was already added to your account. Note: You can link up to two locks to a Gateway
- Now your lock is connected to your gateway and you can grant permission with the Kleverkey Portal
Optionally: Grant a Permission
- Log in to the KleverKey Portal
- Select "Hardware" -> "Locks"
- Choose the lock you want to grant permission to
- Select "Grant permission" and fill in the information
- If a user is not yet registered, you'll be forwarded to the invite user workflow
- User will instantly receive the permission after "grant" is clicked
- Switch to the "Events" tab to monitor the lock events