The aim of this article is to show you instructions of how to mount a new KleverKey Cylinder.
General assembly instructions
Before assembling the cylinder in a fire/smoke-resistant door, please recheck the fire certification to ensure conformity.
- Ensure that the sealing affixed on the door does not hamper proper
operation of the cylinder
- Ensure that the knob cylinder projections do not obstruct the free swing of
- As electronic knob cylinders are supplied in a completely assembled state as
standard, it may be necessary to perform the steps for disassembly before mounting
- To activate the knob module, insert the batteries or remove the battery tag, if
present, and close the casing
- Before mounting the knob module, always check that all components move
- Carry out the assembly with the door open
- Only for cylinders supplied as single components: During initial installation, put in 1 to 2 drops (max. 0.1 ml) of a non-resinous oil in the cylinder body. It should not be sprayed directly into the cylinder body with a spray can
Removing the battery tab
- Remove the knob cover (3)
- Remove the battery tab (2)
- Press the cover locking pin in (1, the second battery locking pin is located on
the opposite side of the knob module) and replace the knob cover (3). Please
ensure that the locking pins are properly locked in the cover
- Remove the fixing screw of the cylinder existing and dismantle the present
- Push in cylinder casing and fasten with fixing screw. Tighten the
fixing screw by hand, do not use a battery-operated screwdriver with a high
The cylinder body must not project outside its enclosing fitting by more than 1 to
3 mm, but it should not also be installed sunk in the upholstery.
The electronic knob is mounted into the cylinder casing by inserting and
turning at the same time.
Make sure that the knob cylinder operates easily and smoothly with the door