The aim of this article is to show how you can open the cylinder by using a smartcard.
For best experience and operation in automatic mode, it's recommended to set the open/close wait time to 6.0 - 8.0 sec. You'll have enough time to turn the know before it's uncoupled again.
You can change the open/close wait time in the lock configuration view: Link.
Automatic wake up
The knob module is in sleep mode as long as it is not used. To check the
authorization of a smartcard, it needs to be woken up from the sleep mode. This
normally happens automatically when a smartcard is held in front of the reader unit.
If, however, the knob module has been woken up 24 times (for example by
metallic objects in the surroundings) without reading a smartcard, then automatic wake
up is disabled.
In this case the knob module has to be woken up manually.
- Turn the knob module few times to wake up the reading unit, until an LED
- Hold up an authorized smartcard in front of the reading unit only after this
The automatic activation is reactivated when an authorized smartcard is scanned.
In addition, the wake up sensitivity (that is the number of times the knob module
needs to be turned to wake up the reading unit) can be set.
Opening the door
- Hold the authorized smartcard in front of the reading unit until the green LED starts
- Rotate the knob module in the direction counter to the locking direction until
- The door can now be opened with the door handle
Toggling the knob module (Office Mode)
- Hold the smartcard for more than 5sec in front of the reading unit. Note: The permission for the smartcard must have the rights to use the Office Mode. Ask the administrator if you are not sure.
Depending on the initial state, the knob module either engages or disengages permanently.