The door cylinder continously measure the battery level and send it to the cloud from time to time. However, it may happens that the battery is not replaced in time for the following reasons:
- The low battery level was not sent to the cloud (e.g. no gateway is connected)
- The battery level dropped quickly from a good state to a bad state because of cold temperatures or other reasons
- The admin didn't change the battery for some reason or didn't see the low battery state
- other reason
The cylinder will signal a low battery event also with it's LEDs. Before the batteries are empty, the cylinder will enter the battery replacement mode where an adminitrator would be able to change the batteries.
Nevertheless, it could happen that there is not enough energy to enter the battery replacement mode. If this happens, the administrator must supply energy from outside with a Low battery Adapter (buy it here).
- Remove the black cover from the KK2120 with the suction cup
- Mount the low power adapter and make sure you match the golden connectors
The KK2120 should now have engough energy to operate. An administrator can now enter the battery change mode by means of the portal: Replacing the battery of a KleverKey Cylinder.
We highly recommend to order a low power adapter if you use a KK2120.