The goal of this article is to show you how to get started with KleverKey and set up your plug and play access control system.
The setup is done in three steps:
- Mounting gateways
- Connecting locks and gateway to the account
- Logging into the portal and checking the setup
- Mounting locks
To set up your KleverKey access control system, you need the KleverKey app and must register. (I need help)
(1) Mounting the Gateway
The gateway must be connected to electricity via the supplied power supply. With the optional wall mounting kit, the gateway can be easily mounted on a wall.
Plug in the gateway and make sure that the LED (bottom) is blinking BLUE.
(2) Connect gateway and locks to the account
The next step is to connect the locks and gateways to your account. This step is always easiest for a lock/gateway pair.
Use the KleverKey app to configure the gateway and locks.
Add Gateway (Android)
Log in to the KleverKey App
Select the three stripes in the upper left corner and tap on Hardware
Switch to the Gateway tab and tap the plus sign in the lower right corner
Select the correct gateway (compare the gateway ID with the one on the gateway).
When adding the first gateway you need to choose an organization name
Finally, enter the name of the wifi (SSID) and the password of the wireless network.
Add Gateway (iOS)
- Log in to the KleverKey App
- Select Gateway tab
- Tap on the plus sign in the upper right corner and select the correct gateway (compare the gateway ID with the one on the gateway).
- When adding the first gateway, you still need to specify an organization name
- Finally, enter the name of the wifi (SSID) and the password of the wireless network.
- Scan QR code on the lock packaging (QR-Code lost?)
- Log in to the KleverKey portal (same login data as previously used in the app).
- Determine a name for the lock and click on "Add"
Connect lock to gateway
- Click on the lock in the portal ("Hardware" -> "Locks").
- Select the lock and click on "Connect lock".
- Select the gateway to connect and confirm with a click on "Connect"
Please repeat these steps until all gateways and locks are connected to your account. After this step, the LED of all gateways will flash GREEN.
If you have problems with this step, you may find answers here:
(3) Login to the portal for verification of the installation
Log in to the portal with your account and check that all locks and gateways are displayed and connected in the portal.
- Open https://portal.kleverkey.com with your browser
- Log in with your email and password (which you set during registration).
- Open Hardware -> Gateway and make sure that all gateways are online.
- Open Hardware -> Locks and make sure that all locks are online and connected to the correct gateway
- Grant yourself a permission to test the locks
(4) Mounting the KleverKey lock on the door
KleverKey locks are easy to install - either by yourself or by someone who will do it for you.
Buy a subscription
If you grant permissions to other users, you must purchase a subscription. A user can have more than one device (e.g., app, smart cards) and is identified by their email address.
Add more users
Four different types of users can be added. How this works and which of the four fits best is shown here.
You can open your locks with the KleverKey app, with smartcards or via the portal. To test opening the locks with a smartcard, you need to add a KleverKey smartcard, a generic smartcard (maybe you already have one) or a SwissPass (only in Switzerland) to your account. As an administrator, you can also add KleverKey smartcards to distribute them to other users.
Opening locks with browser
To open the locks with your browser from anywhere, you need to grant yourself permission (make sure you check the "Remote Activation" checkbox). Go to "My Permissions" in the Portal and open the lock from there.
Please sign in to leave a comment.